Race idea.

Suggesties en opmerkingen kun je hier maken.
Plaats reactie
Markx97
Xfire: Markxy

Race idea.

Bericht door Markx97 » 27 mei 2013, 02:14

It would be cool if you could have a HUD/GUI/UI feature (on races) which displays a real-time table which shows the people who have 1st/2nd/3rd (etc) while showing their names and time. For example if someone was ahead of the top time, it would show up blue and tell us (approximately) how much. And for the rest of the table exactly the same ( red showing they are behind the leader (person at position 1).

I think this feature would be good because firstly you don't have to press and hold <TAB> constantly to see other people's position in a race. Secondly, it is in much more detail, by showing the times and colour coding for ease of use. Thirdly it would make the race look and feel much better than ever before. Also having the name being constantly swapped because you either take over someone or be taken over would look good. ;)

Afbeelding
Similar to the detail this picture contains, but condensed to the left of the screen which normally shows the score after someone passed the finish line....
Afbeelding

Lukkie
Ekte Ekte G
Ekte Ekte G
Xfire: Lukkiebe

Re: Race idea.

Bericht door Lukkie » 27 mei 2013, 09:29

I like the idea. I'm not sure if you have the same thing in mind as me, but an external client/web app with which you have a live and elaborate scoreboard for people with 2 monitors would be awesome.
Afbeelding

Markx97

Bericht door Markx97 » 27 mei 2013, 11:12

Lukkie schreef:I like the idea. I'm not sure if you have the same thing in mind as me, but an external client/web app with which you have a live and elaborate scoreboard for people with 2 monitors would be awesome.
I'd love to actually see it ingame (on server) with live changeable ranks :)
Afbeelding

Puma
Gekke dippi
Gekke dippi
Xfire: puma611991
Contacteer:

Bericht door Puma » 27 mei 2013, 12:31

Hm, this actually is a nice idea. I'll look into it, when I've got time for it.
Afbeelding

Invade
Spam Fighter
Spam Fighter

Bericht door Invade » 27 mei 2013, 16:07

As if the screen isn't full enough of crap already. I'd rather just race as fast as possible and see the result afterwards, it's just distracting. And why would you want to know what place other racers are? In the lower right corner you can see ur own position, that's what matters right.

Markx97

Bericht door Markx97 » 27 mei 2013, 17:08

Invade schreef:As if the screen isn't full enough of crap already. I'd rather just race as fast as possible and see the result afterwards, it's just distracting. And why would you want to know what place other racers are? In the lower right corner you can see ur own position, that's what matters right.
Then make an option/setting tab to disable HUD/GUI/UI feature that you don't want.
Afbeelding

Invade
Spam Fighter
Spam Fighter

Bericht door Invade » 27 mei 2013, 20:25

Markx97 schreef:
Invade schreef:As if the screen isn't full enough of crap already. I'd rather just race as fast as possible and see the result afterwards, it's just distracting. And why would you want to know what place other racers are? In the lower right corner you can see ur own position, that's what matters right.
Then make an option/setting tab to disable HUD/GUI/UI feature that you don't want.
I'm trying to say that it's just a waste of time for Puma to make this. But seems like he does want to make it.

EDIT: Thanks for downvoting my posts. Just bringing my opinion up on the table, isn't that supposed to be done with new ideas?

Markx97

Bericht door Markx97 » 28 mei 2013, 00:46

Invade schreef:
Markx97 schreef:
I'm trying to say that it's just a waste of time for Puma to make this. But seems like he does want to make it.

EDIT: Thanks for downvoting my posts. Just bringing my opinion up on the table, isn't that supposed to be done with new ideas?
ahaha sry, i was testing if +/- thing works, it seems i need to lcik it mutiple times to get it working...
Afbeelding

Bart
Gekke dippi
Gekke dippi
Xfire: kruders

Bericht door Bart » 28 mei 2013, 07:34

Yea testing it more than one time... uhu
Afbeelding

Markx97

Bericht door Markx97 » 28 mei 2013, 11:37

Bart schreef:Yea testing it more than one time... uhu
tested it on his first, then I realized i had to click the +/- 3 times to get it pressed
Afbeelding

Plaats reactie